GBBO has got me in the mood to bake. I recently whipped up some Banana and Blueberry Muffins and they went down a treat, so I thought why not share my recipe with you?
You will need:
230 grams (1 3/4 cups) self raising flour
150 grams (3/4 cup) granulated white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 large free range eggs
113 grams (1/2 cup) melted unsalted butter
3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 Pack of Blueberries (75 grams)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Handful of Oats
- First line your muffin tray with paper cases and make sure to pre-heat your oven to around 180C or 350F.
- In one bowl combine your flour, sugar & salt. In another combine your eggs, butter, mashed bananas & vanilla. Then fold one mixture into the other before thoroughly mixing it through.
- Next add the blueberries. Add as little or as much as you want. I tend to add about half a pack and stir these into the mixture.
- Then divide your mixture between your cases ready to bake. I also sprinkled the top of all my muffins with a handful of oats to give it a little extra crunch to the bake
- Place the baking tray into the middle of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
These went down a treat with my flatmates and I am eager to bake more, any baking/recipe suggestions please leave below as I am always looking for inspiration. I think cinnamon cupcakes are next on my agenda.
Until Next Time, LRB xx
p.s some of the muffins in my photo’s might look weird because i added some random bits of chocolate in a few haha - naughty!