To make these gingerbread star cookies, you will need:
350g plain flour (extra for rolling the mixture)
1 tsp bicarbonate of sofa
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
175g light brown sugar
1 medium egg
4 tbsp golden syrup
1. Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon and mix together. Add the butter and use a food processor to blend together until the mixture turns to breadcrumbs. If you don't have a food processor (like me) don't worry, you can just use your fingers and rub the mixture together until it turns to breadcrumbs, this may just take a bit longer.
2. Stir in the sugar before adding the beaten egg and golden syrup. Again, blend the mixture in the food processor, or whisk until the mixture sticks together.
3. Tip out the dough and knead out until smooth. Wrap the mixture in clingfilm and leave to chill in the fridge for approx 15 minutes.
4. Heat the oven to 180 degrees fan assisted and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
5. When the mixture has chilled, roll out the dough until it has around a 0.5cm thickness onto a floured surface. Use your biscuit cutters of choice, all shapes and sizes are fully accepted, but I would definitely recommend something Christmas themed. These star biscuit cutters were only from Poundland.
6. Place the biscuit shapes onto a baking tray leaving a small gap between each one and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until they are golden-brown.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for ten minutes before removing them from the tray to a wire rack. Feel free to finish off your cookies by decorating them as you wish with icing or cake decorations.
Let me know if you do make these, I would love to see photo's.
Also this is going to be my last post until after Christmas/New Year, so I just wanted to say that I really hope you have a very Merry Christmas and wish you a Happy New Year when it comes!!
I will actually be taking my blog offline from Christmas Eve and relaunching it again on the 3rd of January, which I am so so excited about. If you want to keep updated with it all, then you can follow me on twitter @laurenrosebell and instagram @laurenrosebell, where I will be announcing my relaunch and my new site - eeeek. Lots of good things to come hopefully in the new year, here's hoping 2017 kicks off to a good start, it can't be any worse than 2016, am I right?
Lauren Rose xx