- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 orange zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100g butter
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- For the topping: White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate and festive sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 180°C / gas mark 4 (You can do this at stage 4)
- Mix the flour, ginger, zest, butter with 1/2 tsp of salt until the mixture turns to fine crumbs. You can either do this in a food processor or if you are like me and do not have one, you can just use your hands.
- Mix in the sugar and milk, before placing the dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and pop it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and flour the work surface again. Roll the dough out until it is roughly the thickness of a £1 coin. Use whatever Christmas themed biscuit cutters you like to cut out the shapes for your biscuits.
- Grease two baking trays and place all the biscuits onto the tray before a baking in the oven for 15-20 until the biscuits turn golden brown.
- Leave your biscuits to cool and then you can decorate however you wish. I melted white and dark chocolate and drizzled both over the top of all the biscuits before adding snowflake sprinkles as an extra festive touch.
These biscuits are super yummy, everyone who has tried them has given them praise. The subtle ginger taste and orange zest comes through just enough to taste, but it is not too overpowering. I got these little snowflake bags and ribbon from Poundland and wrapped up a stack of stars as a little present - I think they look so cute!
It is only 2 days until Christmas now, so if you are reading this I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas - have the best day, spending time with family, eating the best food and getting a little tipsy.